||Dr. Muge Aknur, Associate Professor of Political Science at the Department of International Relations, Dokuz Eylul University (Turkey)
• Researcher for Dokuz Eylul University, Network project Peace, War and the World in European Security Challenges (POWERS) (Ref. no. 599962-EPP-1-2018-1-RU-EPPJMO-NETWORK) (2018-2021).
• Former International Affairs Coordinator of Faculty of Business of Dokuz Eylul University (November 2016 – September 2018).
• Organizer of two international security conferences at the Faculty of Business, Dokuz Eylul University with financial funding from NATO. “Challenges to Middle East Security and Contribution of International Organizations” (2007) and “Challenges to Balkan Security and Contribution of International Organizations” (2008).
• Organizer of a variety of workshops on democracy and democratization in the Department of International Relations.
• Researcher at the EACH-FOR Environmental Change and Forced Migration Scenarios which was a two year long research project within the frameworks of FP6 (Priority 8.1-Policy-oriented research) of the European Commission (http://www.each-for.eu/index.php?module=main).
Education: MA in International Relations (George Washington University); PhD in Political Science (McGill University).
Teaching Experience: Comparative Politics, EU Integration, International Organizations, Foreign Policy Analysis, State in Comparative Politics.
Research Interests: Comparative Politics, EU Democracy Promotion, Democracy and Democratization, Civil-Military Relations.
She is the editor of the book titled “Democratic Consolidation in Turkey” that was published by Universal Publishers in 2012.
Address: Dokuz Eylul University, Isletme Fakultesi, Tinaztepe Kampüsü, 35390 Izmir (Turkey)
Tel./Fax: +90 535 2506060, +90 232 301 8287
Email: muge.aknur @ deu.edu.tr
- ■ (2019) Duygu Kabak and Müge Aknur, “Armed Forces as a Significant Actor in Turkish Foreign Policy: Refahyol Government Period in Turkey,” SBF Dergisi (Ankara University Faculty of Politics Journal) 74, 1 pp. 257-282. http://www.politics.ankara.edu.tr/dergi/pdf/74/1/11--1282-Duygu-Kabak---Muge-Aknur.pdf;
- ■ (2017) Müge Aknur and Fulya Akgül Durakçay, “Asya-Pasifik’de Demokratikleşemeyen bir Ekonomik Güç: Singapur” (An Economic Power that cannot Democratize in Asia Pacific Region: Singapore) in 21. Yüzyılda Asya-Pasifik, (Asia-Pacific in the 21st Century), eds., Sanem Özer, Senem Atvur, Ramazan İzol, Ankara: Seçkin Yayınevi.
- ■ (2015) Canan Balkır and Müge Aknur “Different Trajectories yet the Same Substance: Croatia and Turkey,” The Substance of EU Democracy Promotion: Concepts and Cases, (eds.) Anne Wetzel and Jan Orbie, UK: Palgrave, MacMillan. https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1057/9781137466327_7;
- ■ (2015) İrem Aşkar-Karakır and Müge Aknur, “Arap-İsrail Çatışmasının Avrupa Birliği’nin Akdeniz Politikalarına Etkisi”, (Impact of Arab-Israeli Conflict on Mediterranean Policies of EU) Avrupa Birliği’nin Dış İlişkileri: Bölgesel Politikalar, Bölgeler ve Uluslararası Aktörler ile İlişkiler, (Foreign Policies of EU: Regional Policies, Relations with the International Actors) Eds: Uğur Burç Yıldız, 978-605-320-036-9, Nobel, Ankara, pp.13-40. https://www.nobelyayin.com/kitap_bilgileri/dosyalar/ab_disiliski_icn_171638.pdf;
- ■ (2014) Müge Aknur and İrem Aşkar Karakır, “The Role of Egyptian Women during the Revolution and Its Aftermath: From Active Involvement to Marginalization,”Akademik Ortadoğu, (Academic Middle East Journal) 8, 2, pp. 73-98;
- ■ (Fall 2013) Müge Aknur, “Civil-Military Relations during the AK Party Era: Major Developments and Challenges”, Insight Turkey, 15, 4, pp. 131-150.
- ■ (Spring 2013) Müge Aknur, “Towards More Democratic Civil-Military Relations in Turkey,” L’Europeen formation, nº 367 Printemps, 31-50;
- ■ (2013) Müge Aknur, “The Muslim Brotherhood in Politics in Egypt: From Moderation to Authoritarianism,” International Law and Politics, 9, 33, pp. 1-25;
- ■ (2012) Müge Aknur, (eds) Democratic Consolidation in Turkey, Florida, Roca Baton: Universal Publishers;
- ■ Müge Aknur, “The Impact of Civil-Military Relations on Democratic Consolidation in Turkey”, Democratic Consolidation in Turkey, (eds) Müge Aknur, Boca Raton, Florida: Universal Publishers.