|| Prof. Dr. Musa Shteiwi, Director of the Center for Strategic Studies (CSS) at the University of Jordan
He has over 25 years of experience as Professor at the University of Jordan, having taught in Sociology, the Human Rights, Development and Gender Studies programs and as advisor and consultant for government bodies, the World Bank, UN and other international organizations and research institutions.
Coordinator of dozens of national and international projects it is worthy of being mentioned here his more recent roles as Team Leader within the Violent extremism in Jordan project (2016-2018) funded by the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) (Royal Norwegian Embassy in Amman) and his contribution as speakers NATO at Defense College (NDC) for the NATO Regional Cooperation Course 19 (NRCC19) (2018).
His expertise lies in conceptualizing and carrying out empirical research projects, Policy and strategic analysis. He has published more than 50 papers and books in the fields of development, social policies, security, poverty, unemployment, gender, social classes, civil society and political parties, Syrian refugees, and youth.
Address: Center for Strategic Studies (CSS) – University of Jordan Queen Rania Street 11942 Amman (Jordan)
Tel./Fax: +962 6 5300100 - : +962 6 5355515
Email: mshteiwi @ css-jordan.org
- ■ Frost L.C. and Shteiwi M. (2018) Syrian Refugees and Citizenship, in Butenschøn, N., & Meijer, R. (2018). The Middle East in Transition. Edward Elgar Publishing;
- ■ Shteiwi M., Abu Rumman M. and Marks J. (2018) Jordan: Emerging Threats to the Kingdom’s National Security in Vidino, L. (Ed.) (2018). DE-RADICALIZATION IN THE MEDITERRANEAN Comparing Challenges and Approaches. Ledizioni LediPublishing, Milano https://www.ispionline.it/sites/default/files/pubblicazioni/mediterraneo_def_web.pdf;
- ■ Abu Rumman M. and Shteiwi M. (2018) The Sociology of Extremism and Terrorism in Jordan: An Empirical and Analytical Study. Center for Strategic Studies (CSS), University of Jordan https://www.researchgate.net/publication/325398273_Sociology_of_Extremism_and_Terrorism_in_JordanEmpirical_and_Analytical_Study;
- ■ Shteiwi, M. (2017) From Humanitarian Assistance to Empowerment in Jordan in Looking Ahead: Charting New Paths for The Mediterranean, ISPI - Italian Institute for Political and International Studies, 118–120 https://www.ispionline.it/sites/default/files/media/img/rapporto_med_ispi_2017.pdf;
- ■ Shteiwi M. (2017) Syrian Refugees and Jordanian Citizens: Perceptions and Trends. Center for Strategic Studies (CSS) – Center for Strategic Studies (CSS), University of Jordan;
- ■ Shteiwi M. (Editor) (2016) Migrants and Refugees: Impact and Future Policies. Case studies of Jordan, Turkey, Lebanon, Italy, Spain, and Greece (co-authored with Ruisi F., Pace R., Fernandez B., Boluk G., Bayaner A., Erdem S., Bolani L. with the participation of Dokos T.) EuroMesco Joint Policy Study. European Institute of the Mediterranean with the assistance of the European Union https://www.euromesco.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/201607-EuroMeSCo-Joint-Policy-Study-4.pdf;
- ■ Shteiwi M., Walsh J., Klassen C. (2014) Coping with the crisis. A Review of the Response to Syrian Refugees in Jordan. Center for Strategic Studies (CSS), University of Jordan http://jcss.org/Photos/635520970736179906.pdf.