||Dr. Sevgi Cilingir, Research Assistant at the Department of International Relations, Dokuz Eylul University (Turkey)
• Researcher for Dokuz Eylul University, Network project Peace, War and the World in European Security Challenges (POWERS) (Ref. no. 599962-EPP-1-2018-1-RU-EPPJMO-NETWORK) (2018-2021).
• Bologna Coordinator of the Department (2014- )
• Erasmus Coordinator of the Department of International Relations for Undergraduate Students (2018- )
• Ph.D in EU Studies, Dokuz Eylul University, “The Otherization and Securitization of Muslim Immigrants, and Integration Dilemma: The Case of Britain”
• Jean Monnet Ph.D. research fellowship at Centre for Ethnicity and Citizenship, University of Bristol (2007-2008)
Education: Dokuz Eylul University (Institute of Social Sciences, Izmir, Turkey) Ph.D., EU Studies (June 2016); Middle East Technical University (Department of International Relations, Ankara, Turkey); M.Sc., International Relations (August 2005); Dokuz Eylul University (Institute of Social Sciences, Izmir, Turkey); MBA, International Business (October 2004) ; Bosphorus University (Department of Political Science and International Relations, Istanbul, Turkey) ; B.A., Political Science and International Relations (June 2000).
Teaching Experience: Comparative Politics.
Research Interests: International Migration, Identity Politics, Immigrant Integration, EU Politics, Securitization.
Address: Dokuz Eylul University, Isletme Fakultesi, Tinaztepe Kampüsü, 35390 Izmir (Turkey)
Tel./Fax: +90 533 350 4380, +90 232 301 8217
Email: sevgicilingir @ gmail.com
- ■ (2018) Sevgi Cilingir, “Kriz Gündeminde AB Göç Politikasının Yetkiler, Hedefler ve Araçlar İtibariyle Değerlendirilmesi: Sınır Yönetimi Örneği (Evaluation of EU Migration Policy with Respect to Competences, Goals and Instruments on the Agenda of Crisis: The Case of Border Management). Dokuz Eylül Üniversitesi İşletme Fakültesi Dergisi, 19 (1), 2018. pp.19-49 http://dergipark.gov.tr/ifede/issue/37630/334138;
- ■ (2017) Sevgi Cilingir, “Discursive Framing of Asylum in British Parliamentary Debates since the 2015 Refugee Crisis”, IInd International Interdisciplinary Conference on Refugee and Forced Immigration Studies, DAKAM, 29 September, Istanbul.
- ■ (2016) Sevgi Cilingir, “The Securitization - Integration Dilemma: The Case of British Muslims”, ECPR General Conference, 7-10 September, Prague.
- ■ (2011) Sevgi Cilingir, Discourses on the Political Dimension of EU - Turkey Relations: Kemalism and Islamism, Saarbrücken: LAP Lambert Academic Publishing. ISBN: 3846534110. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Books-Sevgi-Cilingir/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=n%3A266239%2Cp_27%3ASevgi%20Cilingir;
- ■ (2010) Sevgi Cilingir, “Identity and Integration among Turkish Sunni Muslims in Britain”, Insight Turkey,12(1), pp.103-122.
- ■ (2007) Sevgi Cilingir, “Avrupa Kimliği ve Ulus-Devlet Modeli” (European Identity and the Nation-State Model), Yönetim ve Ekonomi Araştırmaları Dergisi, 7, 2007, pp. 44-51.